Douglas P. Nelson, Business Manager
Admission Requirements of the Joint Apprenticeship Committee :
Selection of entrants to the Apprenticeship Program is made on qualification alone without regard to race, creed, gender, age, color, or national origin and based on an oral interview of those who meet the minimum qualifications.
The actual selection of individuals is made from a pool of those interviewed over a two year period. The Industry’s needs determine the number of apprentices accepted into the Program at the time.
Initial drug screening is required of all who are selected to enter the apprenticeship and are subject to annual and random testing.
Terms of Apprenticeship Training
• Length - 4 Years (8 periods) / minimum of 8000 hours on-the-job training
• Related classroom instruction / minimum of 225 hours per year
• CPR/First Aid and OSHA training
• Indentured to the Brockton Electricians Joint Apprenticeship and Training Committee and assigned to an electrical contractor signatory to IBEW Local 223.
• Starting pay - 40% of the Journeymans wage
• Probationary period is 2000 hours OJT or 1- year and also successful completion of related classroom training
• Wage increases determined by advance in period based on satisfactory on-the-job and classroom performance
• College credit for related classroom instruction
First Year Apprentice Starting Pay Rate: $17.46
Pay increases of 3-5% of the Journey level rate of pay every 6 months commensurate with satisfactory academic and on-the-job
Current Journey level Pay Rate:
Application and Information:
Applications are completed in person at the IBEW/NECA Training Center by appointment only. Information on completing the application process is given at the time of application.
For further information contact:
Brockton Electricians Apprenticeship and Training Center
475 Myles Standish Boulevard
Telephone: (508) 880-2693
“Actively Seeking Women, Minorities and Veterans to Apply”
Excellence in Apprenticeship and Training Since 1974
Sponsored by The International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers Local 223 and The National Electrical Contractors Association S.E. MASS/R.I. Chapter